Fresh breath and white teeth creates a great impression about you. On the other hand, bad odor of mouth and yellow teeth can create a bad impression about your personality. So it is very important to know how you can take care of your teeth in the right way.
Tooth brushing is considered as a very important step for your oral hygiene; you must brush your teeth two times daily with a toothpaste containing fluoride to remove plaque, food residues and any bacteria in the mouth.
Plaque is a sticky layer that is formed on the surface of teeth, as a result of an accumulation of bacteria and food residues. Time to time, a doctor’s visit is necessary to remove the plaques by using special techniques.
Tooth brushing should be done in a specific way to reach the best results:
- First, the toothbrush should be placed at an angle 45˚ to the gums.
- Second, brushing should include the outer surface of the teeth, the inner surface of the teeth and, the chewing surfaces.
- Avoid overbrushing as this may weaken your teeth and make it more fragile.
- The toothbrush should be replaced every four months to avoid an accumulation of bacteria on it.
- After brushing your teeth, you should clean your tongue with your toothbrush.
Flossing is the second essential step that helps you to keep your teeth healthy and clean. Flossing removes the residues of the food between your teeth. The dental floss should move from the end of the teeth to the gum two three times to remove residues.
Dietary habits have a great role in keeping your teeth healthy. A diet which contains a large amount of sugar, starch, carbohydrates and, acids has a bad impact on your teeth and increase the probability of dental caries. Also the drinks that contain artificial food colors can discolor your teeth.
Eating healthy food such as fruits, vegetables, cheese, eggs, yogurt and milk can keep your teeth healthy and decrease the probability of dental caries.