Dental implants are actually a form of restorative dentistry which helps in giving the users an appropriate solution for a single missing tooth or multiple missing teeth. Multiple tooth implants provide a much better solution at the time when there are a number of missing teeth adjacent to each other. There are two common ways of replacement of the missing teeth with the dental implants.
- The first way involves the replacement of each of the missing tooth with individual dental implants.
- The second way involves the joining of two or more implants for the appropriate replacement of adjacent missing teeth.
The second method of multiple tooth implants is a much more affordable option when the individuals have many missing teeth adjacent to each other and is a more commonly opted procedure as compared to the first method.
When to go for the Dental Implants?
Dental implants come to the rescue at the time when there is one missing tooth or more than one missing tooth. In both of the cases, dental implants are the ideal solution. If a single tooth goes missing, then the dentist necessarily goes for a single tooth implant and case where more than one tooth is missing, multiple implants are suggested. The following are the situations when the dentists suggest going for dental implants.
- If you are unable to chew food properly due to one missing tooth or many missing teeth and you are not able to eat whatever you wish with complete confidence
- You can go for the dental implants if you are not interested to wear a denture or when you have a falling bridge
- Dental implants also offer an effective solution in cases where the affected individuals do not have enough teeth for the supporting of a bridge
- Another useful application of dental implants is when the affected individuals do not want their teeth to be damaged by the use of bridges
Benefits of Dental Implants
The dental implants come with a lot of benefits that are as enumerated below.
- Dental implants are the ultimate long term solution offered in case of a single missing tooth as well as multiple missing teeth that functions and feels just like natural teeth.
- Nobody would be able to understand or identify the presence of dental implants unless watched very closely and carefully.
- The dental implants are fixed in their place which eliminates the need for removing them at the time of cleaning them. With the implants, you can simply brush your teeth as if they were your own natural teeth.
- One of the greatest benefits of dental implants is that they no not cause any damage to the adjacent teeth that are completely healthy.
- Ultimately, the dental implants have a success rate of almost 99 percent which is highly advantageous for the patients.
How the Implants are Placed?
The process begins with placing the implants into the jaw which looks like cylinders or screws. After the implants are left, they are allowed to bond with the bone for forming anchors within a time period of two to six months. In this period of time, the temporary teeth replacements are usually worn over the site of implants. Now comes the second step where the implants are uncovered and the extensions are attached. Later, the gums are allowed to heal for a time span of about two weeks. Finally, the replacement teeth would be created by the dentist and then attached to the implants that were previously placed.
Why Choose Rite Smile?
Rite Smile is one of the premier dental clinics which offers the best dental care along with cosmetic as well as restorative dentistry services. Rite Smile is undoubtedly a one-stop solution for almost all dental solutions that you are looking forward to. The adequately trained and vastly experienced doctor ensures that supreme care is taken so as to come up with the desired results within a stipulated frame of time.